Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This will be my last post from the states until I return!

It is hard to believe that I already leave tomorrow for Uganda.  All day people have been asking me if I am scared, nervous, excited, ready?  Scared?  I am not scared, I don't feel like I have anything to be scared about.  Nervous?  Not very nervous at all.  Different things cross my mind, but i don't feel nervous.  Excited, absolutely.  I have been waiting for this trip for a very long time.  Ready?  As ready as I can be.  I have spent the last few days gathering up what I need for the trip and sat down and packed most of it tonight.  I will finish up any last minute things before I head to the airport at 11.

I am excited to do my job in another part of the world and make an impact.  I am grateful and excited that while we are there I will have some time away from work to enjoy a safari weekend.  Another exciting thing about this trip for me is that I have a cousin who has been in Uganada since Aug 2011 doing missionary work and she will be about 30-40 minutes from where I am at.  So we are hoping that she can spend a few days with us at the clinic.  She lives in Ohio, so it is crazy to think that we will be closer to each other in Africa, then we are in the U.S.

Knowing that some people have not handled the food there well in the past, I did spend the last month making dehydrated fruit and jerky.  My suitcase contains a lot of snacks, jerky, dehydrated fruit, and a few camping meals just incase. 

I am not looking forward to my long flight tomorrow, but I am excited to get into Africa and get set up.

Next time I write, it will be from Uganda. 

Please keep myself and the rest of our team in your thoughts and prayers over the next couple weeks.  Pray for safe travels, and our health and safety while we are there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment